InterNACHI's free online courses include the following:
- Home Inspector Pre-Licensing Course
- Safe Practices for the Home Inspector
- How to Perform Roofing Inspections
- How to Perform Residential Electrical Inspections
- Structural Issues for Home Inspectors
- Residential Plumbing Overview for Inspectors
- How to Perform Exterior Inspections
- How to Inspect the Attic, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior
- Inspecting HVAC Systems
- How to Perform Deck Inspections
- How to Inspect Pools and Spas
- Log Home Inspection
- How to Inspect Septic Systems
- Green Building Inspection
- How to Perform Energy Audits
- How to Perform Mold Inspections
- Radon Measurement Service Provider
- Wood-Destroying Organism Inspection
- How to Inspect for Moisture Intrusion
- Lead Safety for Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP)
- Inspecting for Chinese Drywall
- 25 Standards Every Inspector Should Know
- Customer Service and Communications for Inspectors
- Commercial Property Inspection Prerequisite
- Inspecting Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Introduction to InterNACHI's Residential Standards of Practice
- Inspecting Foundation Walls and Piers
- Advanced Electrical Inspection Training
- Advanced HVAC Training for Inspectors
- Home Inspection Fundamentals: The Exterior
- Inspection of Crawlspaces
- Thermal Imaging for Inspectors
- Building Science and Thermal Imaging
- Inspecting Means of Egress
- Inspecting Water Heater Tanks
- Advanced Mold Inspection Training
- Advanced Stucco EIFS Training
- How to Perform Wind Mitigation Inspections
- Florida Adjusters
- Vermiculite Insulation
- Polybutylene Plumbing
- Emergency Egress
- Water Heater Discharge Piping
- with more added each month
InterNACHI also offers required and accredited Continuing Education courses for licensed real estate professionals in several states, with more approvals added each month.
InterNACHI hosts more than 300 events a year, including classroom courses on thermal imaging and commercial building inspections. Online, video and classroom courses provide successful students/inspectors with Certificates of Completion and state Continuing Education approval for licensing purposes.
InterNACHI operates the inspection industry’s most comprehensive website at NACHI.org. NACHI.org is a monster: a 235,000-page site dedicated to inspection-related issues, and is also host to an 800,000-post message board that receives more than 1,000 new posts a day. NACHI.org gets over 260 million hits a year, and Alexa.com, an Amazon.com company, gives NACHI.org a traffic ranking that is greater than all other inspection-related websites combined.
InterNACHI operates nearly all of the Internet’s inspection search engines, which include: the mammoth 430-million page North American Inspector Directory; OverSeeIt.com, a site that promotes independent oversight of residential remodeling and repair projects, including new construction; InspectorNow.com, a site that tracks down and calls the inspector when a consumer needs an inspection; InspectorSEEK.com; CorrectInspect.com; FindanInspector.us; and InspectorLocator.com, a site that allows consumers to search for an inspector based on the services offered, such as chimneys, commercial inspections, energy loss, green certification, IAC2 Certified, lead, log homes, meth testing, mold, new construction, pools and spas, pre-listing inspections, radon, septic, stucco/EIFS, thermal imaging, water quality, WDO/insects, and WETT Certification. InterNACHI controls more than 4,500 inspection-related websites.
InterNACHI co-manages the inspection industry’s free report-upload platform, FetchReport. FetchReport.com is a robust, unified, easy-to-use upload/download system that works with any reporting system and software. Nearly 2,000 inspection reports are uploaded to FetchReport every day.
InterNACHI co-administers the MoveInCertified.com Program. MoveInCertified homes have been pre-inspected by InterNACHI-certified inspectors, and the sellers confirm that there are no major systems in need of immediate repair or replacement, and no known safety hazards. The inspection reports are hosted on FetchReport.com. MoveInCertified also offers Green Certification inspections for homeowners and home sellers.
InterNACHI has co-developed the Roof Data Technician Program with Owens Corning Roofing, which is available to members in 14 states (CA, CO, FL, IN, KS, KY, MN, MO, NC, NY, OH, OR, PA, and TN). Participating members are hired by Owens Corning as neutral third-party professionals, called Roof Data Technicians, and deployed to homes that have experienced certain roof events in order to collect roof warranty data, including shingle sample extraction.
InterNACHI is home to the International Standards of Practice for Inspecting Commercial Properties at www.NACHI.org/comsop, a document packet which includes a Commercial Inspection Agreement, a Request for Documents and Persons With Knowledge form, an Outside Consultant Contract, a Thermal Imaging Addendum, and accessibility and green features reporting forms. InterNACHI provides commercial inspection courses online and throughout the English-speaking world.
InterNACHI operates a free, online, electronic-signature inspection agreement system. InterNACHI’s online Inspection Agreement is signable and legally binding. It allows the client to read and sign the agreement before the inspection, or before they view their report online. InterNACHI’s basic contract is included, but inspectors can make changes, add their own clauses, and/or hide others. The inspector can notify their clients automatically by email when they create an agreement, check the signed status of the agreements quickly and easily, and receive instant notification by email when their client has signed the agreement.
InterNACHI members enjoy free search engine-optimized websites and free hosting through InspectorPages.com. InterNACHI members who form their own local chapters also enjoy free chapter websites and hosting. InterNACHI also provides free search engine optimization, site submission, and search engine-rank tracking.
InterNACHI members have free access and use of AgentData, an InterNACHI-owned database of 1.5 million U.S. real estate agents, for marketing purposes.
InterNACHI members are also automatically made members of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and enjoy Chamber member benefits, such as discounts on FedEx® shipping.
InterNACHI also hosts AskNACHI.org, which helps consumers and real estate agents by allowing them to ask InterNACHI-certified inspectors about anything and get answers quickly. AskNACHI.org is a free service.
InterNACHI operates the Citizen Information Center where consumers can find information on:
- building a home;
- child safety;
- choosing the right home inspector;
- constructed wetlands;
- electrical safety;
- electromagnetic fields;
- elderly safety;
- energy conservation;
- energy efficiency;
- foundation insulation;
- green certification;
- high-performance buildings;
- holiday safety;
- home buyer mistakes;
- home insurance;
- indoor air;
- log homes;
- manufactured homes;
- the MoveInCertified Sellers' Inspection Program;
- pollutants in the home;
- pool safety;
- private water wells;
- radon gas;
- rehabbing a home;
- thermal imaging;
- septic systems;
- settlement costs;
- 10 tips to speed up your inspection;
- water damage;
- water quality;
- what really matters on an inspection;
- and much more.